Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wisdom from Grandma Ep.1

The Beautiful Lady & Her Beautiful Readers
I've decided a new portion of this blog will be devoted to beauty tips. Sorry, SamFran. You may want to cover your eyes for this segment. Its not so much that I know everything about beauty its just that a like this stuff...a lot. I will also be devoting some of this blog to health tips I pick up here and there. I realized, I love jewelry, makeup & tips on how to look & feel great. With that, I am venturing into new territory. You will see occasional cameos from the lady herself. Yippee! Regardless, this is a new dawn for this blog. I'm just getting sick of talking about life's little observations & whining. So, some fun stuff, some whining, some celebrity B.S, & some jewelry! Yay for shiny things!
Wisdom from Grandma Episode #1 -
"Vaseline is good for everything that ails ya'" - Grandma Lady
My Grandmother had the best skin ever. She was 82 and looked 65. I attribute this to her "keep it simple, stupid" attitude when it came to beautifying herself. Recently, I've been on the Grandma regime of beautifying myself. And, wonder of wonders, its been working! Damn, Grandma! You were right! Here are some tips my Grandmother used to give me when I was young, naive and really into buying products I saw in Seventeen.
Vaseline: Grandma was dead on (no pun intended as Grandma is, bless her soul, dead) when it came to her use of Vaseline. Vaseline is my go-to drug. If I were an addict of anything it would be Vaseline. To make it even more awesome, the stuff is cheap. It's an easy and accessible drug! I don't really know what Vaseline is supposed to be used for, but here is how I use it to make me look Be-U-T-ful!
Lips -Vaseline ails chapped lips.Want soft lips? Coat the lips in Vaseline, grab an unused toothbrush (or one owned by someone you hate) and brush your lips. Yeah, I said it. Brush your lips for 30 seconds. Wipe off excess Vaseline and BAM! Super soft lips. Vaseline can also give you a brilliant shine with out the $10 lip gloss.
Eyes- No, do not put Vaseline IN your eyes, but Vaseline can help you enhance your eyelashes! Vaseline can give you softer less clumped eyelashes and, in time, help them grow thicker and longer. Dab a thin coating of Vaseline on top of eyelashes before you go to bed. When you're ready to put on mascara you will notice a considerable difference in how smoothly you can apply mascara. Soon, you will see considerable differences in the fullness of your lovely lashes. Need brows to stay in place? Small bit of Vaseline on the brows to keep them looking good. Have a nasty burn post eyebrow waxing? Vaseline does the trick! I don't suggest Vaseline for other more "southern" waxes, but I wouldn't put it past this wonder drug to help.
Makeup- Although I can't say I do this often, I know it works. Run out of lipstick, but happen to have Vaseline & eyeshadow on you (this could happen...who knows?)? Or, do you really like a shade of eyeshadow that would look great as a lipstick? Brush a light dusting of your fave eyeshadow on your lips. Dab Vaseline on top and, voila, you've got yourself a new shade. Beware of some eye shadows with chemicals that make this effect look clumpy. Remember the days when shiny eyeshadow was popular? Well, apply the same directions as for the lips to the eyes and you have that glimmered 1970s look
Remover- Removing makeup can be a bitch, but Vaseline will help you get it off AND (as said above) will help your eyelashes grow!
I don't lie! Vaseline does it all!
Warning: Use Vaseline in small doses. Take it from an addict, too much will make you look like a shiny mess. Also, too much Vaseline can clog the pores so don't go crazy. Everything in moderation my beautiful friends!
Thanks to Grandma,
~The Lady~

1 comment:

Sara said...

I never knew! Thanks Grandma! (And you!)